2.23.2009

My take on the Oscars! Part 1

As promised, here is my take on last night's Academy Awards. Sorry it's late.

How great was Hugh Jackman as a host? I was skeptical at first but he had me after the opening number. Well done! Also some memorable highlights:

  • When Tina Fey and Steve Martin were presenting. Hilarious!

  • Ben Stiller imitating Joaquin Phoenix. Hilarious again!

  • Hugh Jackman, Beyonce, Zanessa, Amanda Seyfriend, and Dominic Cooper's performance. Vanessa sounded great!

  • Slumdog Millionaire winning 8 awards including best picture.

  • Dustin Lance Black's acceptance speech for Milk.

  • Kate Winslet winning best actress.

  • Heath Ledger winning best supporting actor. Not a dry eye in the house!

  • Akward moments involving Brangelina and Jennifer Aniston.

And of course I have to cover the style winners and losers:

THE GOOD




-Okay I hate to admit it but Robert Pattinson was looking very good. Very very good actually. Kind of took me off guard. He looks a lot better than his usual drunken self. Amazing what a shower and a suit can do to a person. He sounded nervous while presenting and looked bored when you could see him sitting behind Mickey Rourke. And was it just me but did he look a lot like his character Edward Cullen? Kind of scary. I swear it had to do with the eyes.
-Also pictured, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie (in Elie Saab) & Vanessa Hudgens (in Marchesa) and Zac Efron. Both couples look amazing. And both dressed in black. Almost exactly alike! Who knows? Zanessa really could be "Brangelina 2.0". I wouldn't mind. I'd love to see what their child would look like. Please get married already.
-Others that I loved: Natalie Portman, Kate Winslet, Freida Pinto, Jennifer Aniston, Penelope Cruz, Marion Cotillard, Halle Berry, Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway, and Evan Rachel Wood.
*Too lazy to list all the designers. + I hope I spelled everyone's name right.
Will continue in another post...This is getting way too long. =P
-xox.
Images from Style.com and JustJared.

2 comments:

tupagas_yotellevo

Robert *_*

tupagas_yotellevo

Disculpa, con respecto a que?. Comparto tu opinion de Robert! se ve muy muy bien vestido asi :)

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist F' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP